About Us

We are a 6th grade Language Arts and Social Studies classroom located in Yakima, Washington State, USA. We would like to share with you a bit about our valley. We live east of the Cascade Mountian Range. We have included some photos of somethings you can do or see in our valley. We have four seasons a year. Our summers get hot in the months of July and August. In the winter we get snow. There is a very big sledding hill by our school. Hundreds of people flock to it when the snowflakes start to fall. Also just across the parking lot from our school is the Yakima Valley Museum.  You should check it out!

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

31 thoughts on “About Us

1. Pingback: Student Blogging Challenge #1 | Info Tech 9

2. Pingback: This weeks challenge | blogIT@Tasman

3. Pingback: Challenge 1 – Sept 2010 | Challenge Yourself to Blog

4. Pingback: Avatars galore! | Challenge Yourself to Blog

5. Love your avatars and little video of what I take it are shots of your local area.

I lived for 10 months in Spokane back in 1992. Long time before your class was born!

I teach a class in New Zealand, we are doing the challenge as well and we also made an animoto video.

6. Pingback: Avatars galore! | Challenge Yourself to Blog

7. Hey , Ms.Partlow! Those videos are cool!! I made one on abandoned dogs but, someone else in my group wants to post theirs so I won’t be posting it. I posted it somewhere on youtube though! It’s name is abandoned dogs by Kenziegirl20! Maybe you could check it out sometime! (if you can find it!)

8. All I can say is “WOW!” Jeepers your avatars are awesome – I love them and I love that you used different types too. Maybe we’ll try that some time. I think I especially love the insect inspired ones – very cool indeed. I’m not sure if we’re ever in class at the same time; I think possibly the start of our day is the end of yours. If we are ever in class together, I would love to see if we could set up a skype connection so we could talk to one another – that would be vry cool. Hoping your school week continues to be a great one!
    Keep on commenting!
    Mrs. D from Australia! 🙂

9. Hi im from mrs daglish class cool website it seems that you have got heaps of emails from us. I have seen your viedo it fantastic I love it, it seems that heaps of people have been visiting your site, I love your avaters. from madeline

10. I love your site it is really good I am from cohuna (victoria). No I don’t have a blog yet. I read that you are studying the Roman Empire My Dad knows alot about that becaue he used to teach history.

11. Good luck on studying the Roman Empire. I have not studyed on them before but I know there is alot to learn about them.

12. wow!!! this is really cool…
    just want to send you my appreciation for doing this, eventhough i am thousands of miles away from my son, through this, i would at least see some of his work in school…
    happy blogging…

13. Hey.
    Im courtney im from Mrs.Daglish’s grade.
    I love the book diary of a wimpy kid. you wrote a great reveiw!
    ♥♥COURTNEY

14. hi claireb114 cloudy with a chance of meatball is one of my all time fave movies at the moment hope to keep in touch

15. Yes Mrs. Partlow your new video is entertaining and cool, I like the music you chose!

16. Hey Jaylin(??) Hope that’s right! Sorry if it’s not! My students – 21 of them aged 10 – 12 are so very excited to be blogging with you guys way over there! Hopefully we’ll lean things together and from one another! Hope Franklin Middle School is treating you well! 🙂

17. Hi Australian friends! It is 8:45 at night here and I am at home watching television with my feet up! I hope you are working hard in class! It is great to hear from students! My students will be blogging tomorrow in class.

18. Hi, us again, in Australia. All of these comments come from my Grade5/6’s in Victoria, Australia. You have our blogsite on your site. We do not have individual student blogs (yet??) just our class blog. We look forward to hearing from you all in the very near future!
    Kym 🙂

19. Rhys, Flynn, Kade, and Aaron where are you from? Do you have a blog we could visit? What is your address?

20. Hi i’m a student at franklin middle school. We have just started our blog too. This is our first year too. Our teacher would love it if your students would comment on our book reviews. Well thank we are kind of fortunate. I have been to australlia. It is wonderfull there! Hope we can talk again! 8)

21. O.M.G
    i am a hige twilight
    fan!!!!
    i have seen new moon and have seen twilight too.
    I ♥ jacob

♥Meg

22. Hi Powerhouse! My name is Kym Daglish and I am a teacher in Australia who teaches 21 Grade 5/6 students (10 – 12 year olds). We are participating in the blogging challenge for the first time – so this is all new to us. Part of this week’s challenge was to look at the blogs of those listed before & after your own on the challenge list – so – here I am! I would love for us to communicate throughout the year. By the way – I studied for one semester at WSU om Pullman. You live in the most spectacular part of the United States – you are all so very fortunate!